Essays

The Fake Voltaire Quote Again — This Time from Eric Margolis

by John I. Johnson

YOU CAN’T drive a stake through this one! It just rises again — and again. Half-Jewish Israel critic and former Toronto Sun columnist Eric S. Margolis recently wrote on LewRockwell.com:

“Tell me who you cannot criticize and I will tell you who is your master”. (Attributed to Voltaire.) Saying anything negative about Israel has long been the third rail of US politics and media. Israel is our nation’s most sacred cow. Any questioning of its behavior brings furious charges of anti-Semitism and professional oblivion. . . . Ilhan is not anti-Semitic. I grew up in New York and New England where vicious anti-Semitism abounded. I know real anti-Semitism when I see it.

Margolis sometimes says true things that White racial-nationalists want to hear about Zionist elites and their lies. He’s likely to know who really said the (slightly altered) “Voltaire quote” above (Kevin Alfred Strom, in case you didn’t know) — even though he (sneakily?) says “attributed.”

If he knows, as it seems he might from having read it somewhere, he is being dishonest in that peculiarly Jewish way.

Here’s what Wikipedia says about him:

Eric S. Margolis (born 1942 or 1943) is an American-born journalist and writer. For 27 years, ending in 2010, he was a contributing editor to the Toronto Sun chain of newspapers, writing mainly about the Middle East, South Asia and Islam. A multinational, he holds residences in New York, Paris, Toronto and Banff, Alberta, Canada. Margolis inherited Canadian vitamin manufacturer Jamieson Laboratories from his father in 1989 and owned it until 2014, when he sold it to a US private equity firm. Margolis was born in New York City in 1943 to Henry M. Margolis and Nexhmie Zaimi, an American-Albanian [an Albanian-born Muslim who worked for the OSS — JIJ]. His father was a New York businessman, restaurant owner, theatrical producer and investor, while his mother was a journalist and author.

Margolis is another wealthy, ultra-privileged Jew who decries the “vicious anti-Semitism” that “abounded” in White America when he grew up! Can one have any faith in a man who lies and defames so shamelessly and egregiously?

Source: Author

The Fight Was Not Easy For Us

America's Real Enemies

1. Anthony Collins
    18 March, 2019 at 12:06 am — Reply

John I. Johnson,

Something I’m sure you’ll have noticed regarding the Jewish narrative on anti-Semitism is that it’s always “rising” or that there’s a “new anti-Semitism” around. These tropes seem to be as much a part of the Jewish wailing about “persecution” and “bigotry” as the use of the word “virulent” to characterize anti-Semitism, or references to “conspiracy theories” and the Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion whenever some goy says something true and unflattering about the Jews — what they call an “anti-Semitic canard.”

Philo-Semitic canards resemble porcelain ducks on a wall: they fly together, yet are perfectly static. (The French word for duck is canard.)

Here’s a genuine Voltaire quotation that deserves to have greater circulation than it does now: “They [the Jews] are, all of them, born with raging fanaticism in their hearts, just as the Bretons and the Germans are born with blond hair. I would not be in the least bit surprised if these people would not some day become deadly to the human race.” These words are tragically prophetic. And here’s another genuine Voltaire quotation: “You [Jews] have surpassed all nations in impertinent fables, in bad conduct, and in barbarism. You deserve to be punished, for this is your destiny.” These words should be made prophetic: the destiny of the Jews that Voltaire envisaged should be realized.

2. John I. Johnson
    18 March, 2019 at 2:27 pm — Reply

Jews use words in bizarre ways. They manipulate people’s minds.

They also routinely make outrageously absurd, racially defamatory statements of alleged facts that even a dolt should know are false and stupid. But Whites are too busy worshipping God’s chosen to even stop and think.

I’m disgusted that an ultra-privileged Jew like Margolis claims he grew up “in New York and New England where vicious anti-Semitism abounded.”

When violent JDL domestic terrorist Irv Rubin died, Establishment obituaries in newspapers and online claimed he spent his boyhood in a Canada replete with “No Dogs or Jews Allowed” signs. They all repeated this calumny.

Virtually every wealthy, privileged Jew I’ve ever read about claims, or his hagiographers claim, that he was routinely beat up by White kids (or “Christians,” their common euphemism for Whites) in school when he was growing up because he was Jewish.

Trying to censor Mel Gibson’s The Passion of the Christ before its release, ADL head Abraham Foxman bleated to the press that if permitted to see the film Whites would rush from theaters and lynch Jews in the streets! This from one of the most powerful Jews in the world! His asinine statement was repeated as true by the lying media without comment or criticism.

As far as Voltaire’s statements about Jews are concerned, he sounds perceptive and prescient, providing the context or other statements he made don’t mitigate their force.

Based upon those quotes, I’m guessing you might own the same “Survey of Commentary” I do, whose author’s surname is the same as a town in Norway. I regard his work as a small classic, and consult it regularly.

• Anthony Collins
      19 March, 2019 at 6:38 am — Reply

I think it has long been said of the Jews that “they think in Yiddish, and speak in English” — or whatever other language they’ve appropriated to exploit the natives. The Jews think in a crooked, sinister manner — even their script goes from right to left — and they speak to conceal rather than express what they think.

I don’t have a physical copy of William Grimstad’s Antizion, but I think I have a file of its text somewhere on my computer, and it used to be easy to find the text online. It’s relatively easy to find anti-Semitic quotes of historical personalities like Voltaire online, as the Jews like to complain about such things, and such quotes are prominent exhibits in the posthumous show trials of such persons for the supposed crime of anti-Semitism — regarded as obscenity, blasphemy, and sedition rolled into one. In such trials, the standing of such persons as William Shakespeare, Hilaire Belloc, G. K. Chesterton, and T. S. Eliot revolves around the question “were they guilty or innocent of anti-Semitism?” In such trials, hysterical, hate-filled, vindictive Jews like Anthony Julius lead the prosecution, and seek to blacken the reputation of such persons, while the supposed defenders of such persons pusillanimously fail to contest the validity of the charge of anti-Semitism and the jurisdiction of the court (or should that be kehilla?).

I’ve thought that Jews like Julius probably wish that they were free to act like Chekists. On this point, what the Jew Ron Unz has written of the Jew Deborah Lipstadt is worth citing: “A notorious incident that occurred soon after the Bolshevik Revolution came to my mind. Eminent philologist Timofei Florinsky, one of Russia’s most internationally renowned academic scholars, was hauled before a revolutionary tribunal for a public interrogation about his ideas, and one of the judges, a drunken Jewish former prostitute [Rosa Schwartz], found his answers so irritating that she drew her revolver and shot him dead right there and then. Given Lipstadt’s obvious emotional state, I have a strong suspicion that she might have wished she could deal in a similar fashion with [Harry Elmer] Barnes and the numerous other scholars she denounced.” (By the way, the Wikipedia entry on Florinsky is a mere stub, effectively according him the status of an unperson.)

Of course, as you indicate, it’s important to put quotes like those of Voltaire into context. It’s also important to check their authenticity and accuracy. Quotations, translations, and attributions often get mangled.

Voltaire’s anti-Semitism was more than a minor detail of his thinking and writing, was quite radical, and has been addressed at length by several writers. Interestingly, Voltaire was a proponent of polygenism. Like Carleton S. Coon, Voltaire didn’t believe that the different races of the human species could have the same origin.

I suppose that Antizion could be enlarged, perhaps with the aid of works like Robert Michael and Philip Rosen’s Dictionary of Antisemitism: From the Earliest Time to the Present, which I can’t resist noting was published by Scarecrow Press. I’ve thought that there are a number of entries that could be added to Antizion. Great minds think alike!

I think Grimstad wrote for the NSWPP’s newspaper White Power at one time. Perhaps Martin Kerr or James Harting could confirm this.

The Jews excel at gaslighting the goyim.

Anti-Semitism has been defined to encompass the most anodyne of stereotypes and sentiments regarding the Jews to the most aggressive and murderous acts against them (the latter mostly mythical), with any and all anti-Semitism constituting an absolute, cosmic evil.

It’s hard to determine how much Jewish hysteria, like that of Abraham Foxman regarding The Passion of the Christ, is real or feigned. It seems to be partly innate, partly instrumental — like a child throwing a fit in order to have their way. In any case, it doesn’t really matter. The Jews clearly have minds that don’t work like those of the goyim. The Jews are steeped in insanity.

• John I. Johnson
        19 March, 2019 at 10:51 am — Reply

“Voltaire’s anti-Semitism was more than a minor detail of his thinking and writing, was quite radical, and has been addressed at length by several writers.”

The reason I express reservation about Voltaire is that he is in fundamental ways a paradigmatic Leftist, almost the equivalent of a Jew in terms of the social harm they intentionally cause. Massive social devolution since Voltaire’s day disguises this fact; it’s harder to pick up now on how extreme (in a bad way) he really was. He wasn’t honest either, another Left-wing trait.

I am referring to intentional, hardcore Leftism, not “accidental” Leftism. I was an accidental Leftist myself much of my life.

Voltaire’s contempt for Jews, refreshing today, may have been a side effect of his loathing for Christianity rather than genuine animosity toward Jews. The Chosen possibly aroused his ire as the “people of the book” (Old Testament) rather than because they are intrinsically evil.

“Eminent philologist Timofei Florinsky, one of Russia’s most internationally renowned academic scholars, was hauled before a revolutionary tribunal for a public interrogation about his ideas, and one of the judges, a drunken Jewish former prostitute [Rosa Schwartz], found his answers so irritating that she drew her revolver and shot him dead right there and then.”

This reminds me of one of my all-time favorite quotes, contained in Richard Crossman’s book The God That Failed (1949), a collection of essays by ex-Communist writers.

In his contribution, Jewish author Arthur Koestler recounted an incident from his underground Party days in pre-WWII Germany. He had been directed by his Comintern superiors to make contact with a clandestine Communist spy inside a German factory. The problem: he had never met this person before.

A woman walked into the room. Deadpan, Koestler wrote, “From her slatternly appearance I knew she was a Comrade.”

I’ve laughed many times over the years when that line flashes back into memory. Think of the Antifa female and lesbian pigs that Jewry, plutocrats, and the government deploy in the streets and “social media” to attack Whites.

• Anthony Collins
          20 March, 2019 at 4:09 am — Reply

Your comment on Voltaire reminds me that I should look at how French anti-Semites in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries addressed race, religion, and the scriptures of Judaism and Christianity, an issue addressed by George L. Mosse and Marc Crapez. As with German anti-Semitism in that period, some anti-Semites had a proto-racialist or racialist orientation, and were sometimes radically anti-Christian, while others had a religious orientation, and defended traditional Christianity or advocated a reformed Christianity. The former and the latter inevitably dealt with the Old Testament in very different ways.

It seems that racial and religious anti-Semitism were mutually exclusive for some anti-Semites, especially the more doctrinaire and sectarian among them (fierce atheists and fervent Catholics could hardly be expected to see eye to eye), while some anti-Semites took a more inclusive approach and coupled racial and religious anti-Semitism (this might have been the case with Édouard Drumont, “the pope of anti-Semitism”).

I’m aware of a critical study of Voltaire by Xavier Martin, Voltaire méconnu: Aspects cachés de l’humanisme des Lumières (1750-1800). From what I’ve seen of his work, Martin is a very learned critic of the French Enlightenment, and has an impressive command of his sources.

I don’t remember much of Arthur Koestler’s chapter in The God That Failed, but I do remember cracking up at his remark, after he described the truly bizarre theories of Wilhelm Reich, that “the whole theory was less cock-eyed than it sounds.” I also recall his discussion of how communists revealed themselves to be communists, or to which faction of communists they belonged to, by their dialects. “You must be more concrete, comrade!”

In his memoirs I Believed, Douglas Hyde effectively remarked that communism had an uglifying effect on women in the party.

Francis Parker Yockey referred to “slatternly feminism” in The Proclamation of London. He included it in a long list of evils that have metastasized even more since he wrote.

In his table talk, Adolf Hitler remarked:

“I dealt with the women from the Marxist camp who took part in the discussions [at NSDAP meetings] by making them look ridiculous, by drawing attention either to the holes in their stockings or to the fact that their children were filthy. To convince women by reasoned argument is always impossible; to have had them roughly handled by the ushers of the meeting would have aroused public indignation, and so our best plan was to have recourse to ridicule, and this produced excellent results.”

Today, one hardly needs to make such women look ridiculous, as they do it themselves. Indeed, they go out of their way to do it, such as by chanting or screaming stupid slogans, wearing pussyhats, dyeing their hair garish colors, and putting on enough weight to resemble Jabba the Hutt or Heidi Beirich. To judge by such things as “slutwalks” and “shout your abortion” (one is tempted to read this as “shout you’re an abortion”), it seems that nothing will shame them.

It looks like pussyhats are going out of fashion: not only have they outlived their novelty, an article in the Detroit Free Press reports upon “the sentiment that the pink pussyhat excludes and is offensive to transgender women and gender nonbinary people who don’t have typical female genitalia and to women of color because their genitals are more likely to be brown than pink.” The horror!

3. Dissident Millennial
    18 March, 2019 at 9:40 pm — Reply

Are you sure Mr. Margolis is Jewish, and do you have a source for this?

Also, do you have a source for the claim that Mr. Margolis has decried “vicious anti-Semitism” that “abounded” in White America?

My impression of the guy is a bit different than yours, but I’m willing of course to alter my opinion if the facts dictate it.

• John I. Johnson
      18 March, 2019 at 10:35 pm — Reply

He takes a position that (at present) is different from Jewry’s official position on Israel. There is a big split among Jews on that subject. He has called himself an “Eisenhower Republican.”

As I mentioned, he is half-Jewish. His mother was an Albanian Muslim who worked for the OSS. (See her Wikipedia entry.)

His wealthy father is identified as an “American Jew” at the bottom of his own (Henry Margolis’) Wikipedia page. Margolis is a Jewish surname. The father’s profile is echt Jewish: born on NYC’s Lower East Side, educated at CCNY and NYU Law School, investor in NYC and NJ hotels and real estate, Broadway theatrical producer, chairman of Elgin Watch Co. and another company, and owner of Canada’s Jamieson Laboratories, which Eric inherited.

Eric’s statement: “Ilhan is not anti-Semitic. I grew up in New York and New England where vicious anti-Semitism abounded. I know real anti-Semitism when I see it.” https://www.lewrockwell.com/2019/03/eric-margolis/breaking-our-biggest-taboo/