Classic Essays

Practicing Radical Thrift Is a Revolutionary Act

THE PICTURES we’ve added to Mr. Freeman’s article show one small step being taken toward radical thrift at the household of your editors Vanessa Neubauer and Kevin Strom: the planting of a straw bale garden in our front yard.

by Rob Freeman

RECRUITING more people into our network is extremely important, simply because there will be safety in numbers after the breakdown. However, I also believe that most of us are woefully unprepared for what’s coming and that we need to start expending much of our time and energy to start living as though the breakdown has happened already.

I personally have lost faith in the ability of the Jewish Occupation Government to keep things going for the masses. I believe that if you still have faith that “it’ll all keep humming along,” you should consider the incompetence and insane shortsightedness of the government. Look what they did in “postwar” Iraq.

Take pride in making a bit of your suburban lawn into a garden. This year we went from four straw bales to fifteen!

The American middle class is vanishing and the “economy,” as a meritocratic engine of opportunity for those with the skills and willingness to work, is all but gone. The economic situation that made Americans so complacent and comfortable is irreversibly changing. There probably won’t be any more “high tech booms.” From where I stand, it appears that Perpetual War is the rulers’ answer to keep the economy chugging along at all.

We are going to be poor no matter what, even if civilization does keep chugging along. Enter the self-sustaining lifestyle, which works for us in either scenario.

Scenario 1. Civilization collapses. The northern lands will be abandoned to those with the resourcefulness to survive in them, e.g., Whites. We should be ready for this.

Scenario 2. Civilization does not collapse, but Americans find themselves driven into poverty and perpetual warfare, with intermittent terrorist attacks and short term breakdowns.

With Scenario 2, the “economy” keeps going even as it pauperizes Americans still further.

However, the nature of the “economy” is that it depends on Americans being free spenders even as they are pauperized. The whole thing is a huge pyramid scheme; think Enron times a billion.

The Federal Reserve debt paper economy can be destroyed if Americans stop buying junk and start producing for themselves. I got a whiff of this when I heard NPR Jews talking darkly about the “dismal Japanese economy.” They were clucking disdainfully about Japan, and then happened to mention that the average Japanese family has a quarter million dollars in savings. For the NPR “Marketplace” Jews, thrift is a vice. They trumpet the American economy, with its indebted and free-spending population.

It’s a safe bet to plan your household economy based on what NPR Marketplace Jews think is bad, evil, and wrong. If they think the Japanese are bad, they haven’t seen anything yet!

There is satisfaction on many levels in growing your own food; and other kinds of radical thrift, too — like never buying new clothes, in fact buying used everything as much as possible.

The lifestyle of radical thrift can end up taking up most of your free time. When you are gardening, canning, dehydrating, improving your property, taking care of your chickens, aging cheese, and doing small scale trade with your friends, neighbors, and comrades, you aren’t spending money on cheap Chinese junk at Walmart or watching advertisements.

The lifestyle of radical thrift is motivated by extreme anger at being ripped off by the System, and provides an avenue of retaliation that can hardly be called “terrorism.” However, do not underestimate it — it is retaliation. The System depends on us completely. Radical thrift cuts out myriad middlemen and tax men. Radical thrift, if practiced by enough millions of people, will crash governments and put large corporations out of business or force them to radically downsize. It will cause upheavals among the elite, making the dissenters bolder and destroying the confidence of the leaders within the elite. As corporations crash and governments go bankrupt, the little people practicing radical thrift will be no worse for the wear, and may even find themselves doing better!

Your NV editor helping to prepare the straw bales.

The revolutionary potential of radical thrift is such that, if the movement got big enough, it could motivate the government to crack down on us more violently and aggressively. That’s when you have a Turner Diaries sort of scenario. It’s unlikely the System will go down with a graceful whimper.

For the time being, though, radical thrift is a very safe avenue for dissent, and yet it has great potential. Beyond personal betterment, your learning these skills will enable you to set an example and be able to teach others, and in the process recruit them to our side. Be advised, these skills are not easy when you don’t know them, and you definitely want to have the equipment in your possession. For example, it took me several tries to get a loaf of wheat bread to come out right, and I had some hitches in getting a successful and productive garden going. And there is always more to learn.

Our first straw bale garden zucchinis were very successful!

To learn these skills, I am developing friendships with people (generally older people) who are not racially aware (as far as I know). I do not discuss race with them. My priority is to make them like me so they will teach me the skills and help me, and introduce me to more such people. I urge you to do the same. Stay focused on what you need to learn and what you need to do and what you need to acquire to have 1) a year’s supply of food on hand and 2) the ability to produce food without outside inputs. Make yourself useful to older people who have these sorts of skills, and if you have difficulty approaching them, then ask them for help with something. They are often glad to teach their skills to the younger generation, and be sure to jump at any chance to help them or financially compensate them for their help. You want to build a bond with them, and maintain it, because you need to learn what they know!

Get the book Stocking Up and learn the food processing skills taught in this, as well as Square Foot Gardening for a very high yield technique. You will save lots of money, and you will never become bored. Also, this is a great project in which to involve your children if you have them. Right now my wife and daughter are making a loaf of bread (which amounts to measuring the ingredients and tossing them into the bread machine and hitting the “start” button) and this loaf of bread won’t have any circle K kosher symbol on it! It may be the tiniest, insect-sized protest, but remember, you eat an elephant one bite at a time.

Source: Author

Jews Created the Very Slurs They Decry; 'Sheeny,' 'Kike'

Think

1. Donny
    June 19, 2018 at 9:56 pm — Reply

I’ve had a backyard garden my whole life. That together with fruit trees and grape vines provides a substantial amount of our summer fare, and it is much better than you can buy with money.

2. Axis Sally
    June 20, 2018 at 12:04 am — Reply

I applaud you, kamerad Freeman, for a fine article–well thought-out and founded on sound ideas. Much unlike that jackanapes that appeared here about four months ago advocating we raise our children in urban hothouses as candidates for fake STEM degrees at Enemy indoctrination centers. I think we should realize, however, that, from an historical perspective, the civilizational collapse is already well underway, having begun in 1945; therefore, I agree with you that we need, “to start living as though the breakdown has happened already,” because it has.

I personally have engaged in a mode of living that closely resembles your “radical thrift” for nigh-on thirty years now, and for similar reasons: being incensed at the idea of my life and the product thereof being expropriated by a hostile Enemy by his fractional reserve fiat currency scam and phony taxes. The same Enemy that instigated a genocidal war resulting in the murder of upwards of fifteen millions of my people.

I also agree with your concept of radical thrift as a weapon in economic revolution. Our people have been in a perpetual quandary as to how to resist the alien satrapy without bringing violent retribution down upon our heads as was meted-out in 1939-45. It seems to me, all we need do is simply reject their geld outright. If we shun their “money,” we have no “income” and therefore no tax “liability,” and, once having become self-sufficient, no need of their “jobs.” What can they do?–send their armed thugs with bushels of currency to force on us? As you have pointed-out, radical thrift would be an essential part of such a strategy.

We must bear in mind, however, that all this is in preparation for the time when we must leave the dinosaur “lifestyle” of suburbia and migrate north. I plan to begin in that direction myself this coming autumn. The ease, idleness, and indolence of technocratic materialism is inimical to the evolution of our race, and must end. Simplify! Simplify! Simplify!, as said Henry David Thoreau. It is up to we, the surviving Aryans, to assume, by example, a leadership role in our race’s destiny.

I thank you, Herr Freeman, for your fine article, and for you and your family having contributed to creating a beautiful new future for our Volk. I look forward to seeing more of your ideas here on National Vanguard.

–Axis Sally

3. James
    June 20, 2018 at 5:49 am — Reply

More articles like this please – brilliant stuff and exactly the kind of conversation we need to be having. Bravo to the Freeman family!

Since there doesn’t appear to be any form of community plans for whites fleeing the impending crash (or more accurately: fleeing life-threatening persecution), starting on our own seems to be the only option.

• Travon MartinGreenjeans
      June 25, 2018 at 10:44 am — Reply

The loss of white influence in food production is not critical yet. A gov’t site, as far as you can trust it, indicates that in the US as of 2017, “Farmers, ranchers, and other agricultural managers” are 95.4% white: https://www.bls.gov/cps/cpsaat11.htm , athough a few % of those called “White” are actually mestizo (“Latino”) in these stats. Many of these managers are controlled by corporate CEOs either directly through ownership or indirectly through loans, distribution and sales, however.
      Note that the site also shows whites as 90%+ of “Environmental scientists and geoscientists” and “Chemical engineers”, important jobs in fighting climate change effects, meaning jews continuing to be forced into the “don’t wants whites until I need one” position, no matter how many non-whites they seek to promote.

4. cc
    June 22, 2018 at 6:17 pm — Reply

Kept out of view is that hippies in the cities and suburbs were moving to small towns and the countryside to grow their own gardens. The core of the very White culture was a simple life. They were escaping hyper-aggressive Jewish Democratic Capitalism. I’m aware that people will lash out at my words. I’m also aware that the majority of people who insult the culture either weren’t around or too young to speak of it.

A culture of mostly teenagers and twenty-something existing on the local level. Completely leaderless. No doctrine to ruin the spirit. Beautiful White girls wearing gowns and long hair. Painted faces with flowers in their hair. I saw in hippie culture a return to ancient European paganism. Call of the blood. What else could it be? Big brother is a redneck, sister is a hippie, and little brother is a nerd.

Anybody who believes hippie culture was managed has their hat on backward.

No I wasn’t a hippie. I belonged to the elite Texas Rodeo Hoods. Forerunners of outlaw country music (Confederate Cowboys). Our Motto: “f**k with the bull — you get the horn.” That’s it.

Blood Based White stereotypes come home together at the unparalleled Live Musical Capital:

The Armadillo World Headquarters (1970 to 1980)

Austin’s answer to Carnegie Hall: Hippies, rednecks, cowboys, bikers and businessmen all under the same roof. Marijuana tolerated in the music hall. Running with the ropers, dopers and chokers.

Hippie girl illustrates her courage at a Line of Battle.

Passive resistance. A female demonstrator offers a flower to military police at an anti-Vietnam War protest in Arlington, Virginia, 21 October 1967.

5. Jacks War
    June 23, 2018 at 7:53 pm — Reply

Unless you’re living in the country (as I am on 30 Texas acres) you’re not safe from roving hordes of negroes once The Collapse happens. Strom’s neighborhood looks nice and manicured, but it will be overrun by groids wielding clubs, bricks, and machetes once things go bad, and they’ll be slaughtered. We need another Cobbsville, but this time not run by a loser. Why doesn’t National Vanguard stop the pointless vegetable growing and do something like that?

6. WHITE WARRIOR
    June 23, 2018 at 10:39 pm — Reply

I abandoned the ‘system’ some years ago, and I am pleased to say that I am happier and healthier for doing so. I am debt free and I have avoided taxes (except sales tax) for nearly 25 years.

My main area of interest is now in machine tools – lathes, mills, shapers, bandsaws and all the necessary paraphernalia that goes with machining. Often you can pick-up good machine tools for a pittance. In the post-industrial west many fine machines are just rusting away in scrap metal yards. Hard-work and few blisters bring these machines back to life.

It is important to understand the quintessential significance of machine tools. I cannot over emphasize their importance.

With a lathe and a milling machine you can re-create western civilization. You can make your own guns, you can make your own bullets, you can make your own knives, you can make your own engines – you can make just about anything. This is the ultimate in self-sufficiency, and it is for this reason that leftists/Jews often decry the mechanical arts. Add a metal melting furnace and you can make some simple alloys and cast parts in aluminium, brass, bronze, copper and iron. These cast parts can then be turned into useful things on the lathe and the mill.

My machine shop is in the basement and no one knows of its existence outside my immediate and loyal family.

7. JimB
    June 25, 2018 at 4:13 am — Reply

Lookin good, Kevin and family!