NewsOpinion

Yale’s “Diversity”: White Students, Step Back

Sohum Pal, Yale’s gay, disabled, South-Asian spokesman for diversity: “I may be in the minority, but I don’t want opportunity: I want power.”

by Dissident Millennial (h/t to Steve Sailer)

IN AN ALL-TOO-TYPICAL display of narcissism from a coddled minority, one Sohum Pal takes Yale University’s “white power structure” to task for failing to adequately dismantle all standards and sense of decorum in deference to its affirmative-action pets. Venting in Yale’s own student newspaper, Pal says Whites need to “step back” from their oppressive stance vis-à-vis persons of color on the grounds that:

The rhetoric around diversity, both nationally and at Yale, seems to be focused on a brand of assimilationist politics — the deeply misguided notion that students of color want to be wealthy, that we want to possess the social legitimacy and cultural capital of our white counterparts on terms dictated by white stakeholders… Under the social and political logics of assimilation, whiteness will always be centered — color is constantly peripheral. Assimilation provides some half-hearted gesture at progress while evading a liberation politics that would decenter whiteness and abolish the notions of center and periphery…

Get all that? Apparently such views don’t count as bigotry towards Whites if they’re wrapped in unreadable Cultural-Marxist prose. Pal continues:

I may be in the minority, but I don’t want opportunity: I want power. Students of color, even when we find ourselves in white dominated spaces, find ourselves on the peripheries. We find ourselves undermined by peers, faculty and administrators, typically white, who tell us we can’t complain because we have “a seat at the table,” a euphemistic shorthand for the illusion of being a stakeholder and power broker. That is not enough — we deserve to be seated at the head of the table not only because we have a surfeit of the skills to lead, but also because we must dictate our own terms of engagement with white power structures, not from within white power structures.

Therefore, Pal demands:

White students: Take a few steps back. You already know: when we enter white-dominated spaces, we take on the implicit roles of leadership, expending invaluable emotional and intellectual labor. It is time we were given the titles and power we deserve.

This rehashed Frankfurt-school nonsense from an affirmative-action untermensch recalls one of the Jew Marx’s more prescient sayings: History repeats itself first as tragedy, second as farce. Thus I hate to break it to you Sohum: On top of being embarrassingly stupid, this dialectic you’re engaging in isn’t even your own.

Unfortunately Pal just can’t seem to get out of his own way. In an earlier exposé entitled “Stories from the Silent Minority,” Pal soberly tells us how:

In high school, I definitely got a lot of microaggressions (and actual aggressions). Most of these aggressions were actually from teachers and administrators, which struck me as pretty fucked up. Since coming to Yale, I think I expected less racism, but that definitely hasn’t been the case. Perhaps it was naive of me, considering that Yale isn’t actually a very diverse place. I love Yale and it’s already made me the benefactor of some phenomenal opportunities. At the same time, my first week at Yale was incredibly stressful because I received microaggressions or actual aggressions everyday. It definitely hasn’t ended, but I’ve found better, safer niches, like Disorient (a South Asian discussion group) and parts of the AACC and Asian American Students Alliance.

I can’t lose the impression, though, that I was accepted to Yale largely as a token. As someone who is queer, disabled, and South Asian, I find myself at the crux of many intersections. But most of the communities that have developed at Yale tend to be anything but intersectional, dominated by well-intentioned allies or (especially) nondisabled folx [sic] who haven’t given a moment’s thought to ability status. When I’m in a room, I’m usually taking on the role of a counterpoint, basically providing the disabled perspective to a nondisabled room, or the Asian perspective to a white room, or (especially in Asian spaces) the South Asian perspective. It’s fucking exhausting, but I don’t know that there’s a better alternative.

Well gee-whiz Sohum, whaddya gonna do?

On a serious note, how incredible is it that in America circa 2017, Sohum Pal’s effusions aren’t merely the stuff of satire published by The Onion, but rather establishment-certified drivel being spewed from the Ivy League? And how can we possibly explain to future generations the state of America today except as some kind of giant, totalitarian clown-world that is beyond parody?

P.S. Don’t fret about that token-complex, Sohum. I’m sure you were accepted to Yale based strictly on merit.

* * *

Source: Dissident Millennial

Previous post

The Fame of a Dead Man's Deeds Audio Book: Hunter

Next post

University of Minnesota: Police Called on White Students Who Said "Tranny" on Campus Radio Station

17 Comments

1. Guest
    20 November, 2017 at 8:55 am — Reply

White people are oppressing no one. They possess natural born abilities and grace, which they have prudently managed and developed. African Americans actually occupy a lot of attractive real estate in the U.S. as well as own businesses. Their main problem is immigration and taxes. The left has duped them into supporting policies that hurt them.

• JimB
      20 November, 2017 at 11:14 am — Reply

“African Americans actually occupy a lot of attractive real estate in the U.S. as well as own businesses. Their main problem is immigration and taxes.”

No such thing as “African Americans”. They are Blacks. And no, their main problem, at the very core, is that they’re Blacks.

2. JimB
    20 November, 2017 at 11:03 am — Reply

“I’m sure you were accepted to Yale based strictly on merit.”

Yep, the (((merit))) of replacing able folks… with dis-abled folx.

• JimB
      20 November, 2017 at 11:09 am — Reply

…and by dis-abled, I’m not talking about his being crippled physically, lest anyone accuse me of being a big meanie.

3. cc
    20 November, 2017 at 11:56 am — Reply

All this forced amalgamation, compliments of the Federal government, reminds me of the fury the South unleashed in the 1960s to maintain its White establishments. The county I grew up in managed White separation from the top all the way down to the water fountain. Filling stations had 3 rest-rooms. Colored around back.

Kept out of view were the all White off shore oilfields in the Gulf. The oil companies told the Federals to look the other way if they wanted to extract crude oil and gas in deep water (off shore construction). After the southern boys cut their teeth in the Gulf, they moved forward to tap the North Sea, Persian Gulf, South China Sea, Java Sea, off the coast of Africa, South America, wherever.

A boat operator told me when I was 21, the reason we could build the off shore oilfields so fast and efficiently is because we were all cut from the same bolt of cloth. Perfect communication. Southern talk is laced with Elizabethan English.

The Southern attempt to escape the Federal government was a failure in the 1860s and 1960s. The kinfolk states cannot defeat an unlimited supply of blood, war appliances and fiat dollars.

• 20 November, 2017 at 5:27 pm — Reply

And so your point is to become completely demoralized and lay down and die because it’s already over anyway? Our great grandchildren would curse us in our graves.

4. Thor
    20 November, 2017 at 2:49 pm — Reply

Big mouths, always these big mouths.
    Why not go to a place, like Southasia, and feel like home instead?
    Because there is a war going on my friends, you know what i mean.

5. 20 November, 2017 at 5:12 pm — Reply

Oh, the ignorance and audacity. This guy easily makes a six-figure salary with his trumped up title and meaningless position at Yale University, and he has the gall to include himself among the so-called disadvantaged brown people when says, “WE feel undermined and marginalized on the periphery….” Wow.

The last quote from this ingrate of an immigrant should be proof to anyone that all non-Whites (not just blacks) are NOT our allies in this movement and that their goal is to collectively subjugate us with TOTAL power. The struggle for dominance is natural law in any group of living creatures, humans included. I cringe every time I hear some stupid White person say, “I don’t care about the non-Whites or refugees, as long as they work and pay their taxes.” When push comes to shove, 99.9999% of those tax-paying (LOL) brown people are going to side with other brown people against Whites. A good percentage won’t even know why they’re doing so, but that’s the power of nature. Wake up.

6. 20 November, 2017 at 5:29 pm — Reply

“Western man towers over the rest of the world in ways so large as to be almost inexpressible. It’s Western exploration, science, and conquest that have revealed the world to itself. Other races feel like subjects of Western power long after colonialism, imperialism, and slavery have disappeared. The charge of racism puzzles whites who feel not hostility, but only baffled good will, because they don’t grasp what it really means: humiliation. The white man presents an image of superiority even when he isn’t conscious of it. And superiority excites envy. Destroying white civilization is the inmost desire of the league of designated victims we call ‘minorities.’”
    — Joe Sobran (well-respected conservative writer who suffered constant attacks on his character because of what he dared say about Israel)

“The inferior races hate the white race precisely because of its superiority. It is galling to the lower races to be reminded of their inferiority, and white superiority instills in them a burning desire to tear down whites and their creations in order to make themselves whites’ ‘equal’. This is not all, however, for tearing down whites removes a burr from their consciousness — that of being reminded of their inferiority — and indeed is an act of revenge for such reminding. Accordingly, when whites are so stupid as to treat the lower races as equals, this but whets the appetite of those races to see whites destroyed, for they see vulnerability in this stupidity, and thus an opportunity for inserting their grappling hooks into the edifice of white civilization.”
    — JBR Yant, Mortal Words v 11

7. cc
    20 November, 2017 at 5:48 pm — Reply

Andover 8, I just stated facts. No point other than Southern nationalism is alive and well. The Southern country conquered the universe with its music. Who has reached further in the stars than that? Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

• 20 November, 2017 at 9:37 pm — Reply

CC: What are you even talking about? Southern country music conquered the universe? My pipe? I think it’s you that’s smoking something else. I think you’re looking for the site for beta males who’ve given up to NWO serfdom and are waiting in line for the the bar code to be stamped on their forehead. This isn’t it.

8. Thor
    21 November, 2017 at 11:17 am — Reply

But all they wan’t is to live among us white people and sad but true alot of whites licking these brownies and pandering them.
    I call it treason and those whites deserve what might come to them.
    I laugh every time i hear about a white liberal, antiwhite get what they deserve.

9. cc
    21 November, 2017 at 11:48 am — Reply

Andover 8, you’re the absolute anti-folk. You wouldn’t recognize culture if it was in your face.

In the 1970s, the South unleashed a music Renaissance hitherto unknown in all the pages of history. Southern hard rock bands flew the Dixie Battle flag at music venues. Texas unleashed outlaw country. The Allman Brothers Band out of Georgia was jokingly referred to as the house band at Fillmore East. LYNYRD SKYNYRD fired back at Neil with SWEET HOME ALABAMA. Charlie Daniels Band released the South’s Gonna Do It Again with upbeat spirited lyrics naming contemporary bands. Southern man was making music that is free.

The Armadillo World Headquarters was Austin’s answer to Carnegie Hall.

All of the above was a backlash brought about by the bitter civil rights wars against the kinfolk states.

Andover 8, that you use words like “bar code” says a lot about your status quo mentality. And you didn’t even know that rock and roll originated in the South. A poorly educated racist.

• 21 November, 2017 at 12:32 pm — Reply

I’m not going to approve any more negative comments in the dispute between Andover 8 and CC, because a) it’s counterproductive to what we’re trying to do here; and b) I think it is all based on misunderstandings.

Misunderstanding 1: Andover thought that CC was being totally defeatist when he noted that the South’s resistance was unsuccessful in the 1860s and 1960s. I don’t think he was being defeatist, given the context of his many other comments; I think he was just noting a fact.

Misunderstanding 2: CC thought Andover was being anti-folk when he disparaged CC’s remark about music on the grounds that it wasn’t at all adequate to negate the perceived defeatism of his original post. Well, there is no evidence that Andover is anything but pro-folk. He just thought that the music issue didn’t address the defeatism he perceived.

But if CC’s original post is looked at in the correct light, I think, there is no defeatism — and therefore the remark about music is just a positive cultural note and need not be anything else. Nothing to argue about here, honestly, and both commenters are good comrades as far as I can tell.

Comments sections are great for sharing information and perspectives and getting to know one another, but it’s all too easy for people who ought to be cordial comrades to interpret the other fellow’s words as negatively as possible when that wasn’t what was really intended. Then it quickly gets personal and goes downhill from there — and for no real reason.

10. Amber
    22 November, 2017 at 11:21 am — Reply

If these idiots want power, why don’t they go back to their homelands, where they will OBVIOUSLY be in power over their own kind!

• Thor
      22 November, 2017 at 12:27 pm — Reply

Amber.
      Because there is a war going on, might be a quite silent war but still a war.
      They demand to live among us because they wan´t the power over us, and they are doing it with succés.
      Everywhere we see whites who serve them in their warfare.

11. Travon Martinberg
    26 November, 2017 at 10:01 am — Reply

Immigration today is not all it’s cracked up to be by the mainstream media, what with the illegal shortcuts in addressing the manufactured, anti-white shortage in medical professions: https://nypost.com/2017/09/29/cuny-professor-allegedly-sold-fake-medical-certificates/ . And there’s the nationwide medicaid fraud disaster, of which one doesn’t need to be an immigrant to participate: http://www.katc.com/story/36643659/arrested-on-multiple-medicaid-welfare-fraud-charges . Also, massive fraud doesn’t need to be only medicaid-related to have a large portion of a 59% Jewish town participating!: http://www.app.com/story/news/local/ocean-county/2017/09/07/lakewood-fraud-arrests-spur-amnesty-program-medicaid-cheats/641473001/ . “Of the 43,600 children under 18 years of age in Lakewood, 18,200 with married parents receive government assistance. ” Married, hmm, wonder who that can mean.