Leftist, Jewish Billionaires and Top Republicans Form “Stop Trump” Alliance
ACCORDING TO the venerable Encyclopædia Britannica, the word cabal is defined as a private organization or party engaged in secret intrigues. In the wake of Donald Trump’s near clean sweep of the March 8 GOP primaries and caucuses, the anti-Trump secret meeting recently held at the Cloister Resort (pictured), Sea Island, Georgia certainly fits the definition.
In what may be the most curious presidential race in the history of the United States, Anusha Asif of Tech News Today reports on Mar. 8, 2016, many of the Congressional leadership of the Republican Party have met on March 7 with a who’s who of Jewish and leftist billionaires behind closed doors. [Adjectives added — Ed.] As reported, the GOP honchos are brainstorming with liberal über-rich on how to stop the populist GOP frontrunner Donald Trump.
Despite many a talking head opining that Trump’s momentum had peaked following his two squeaker wins in Kentucky and Louisiana last Saturday, the New York City business mogul just gut-punched the GOP establishment with his rather impressive wins in the latest round of voting. David Jackson of USA Today reports on Mar. 9, 2016 that Trump had runaway victories yesterday in the Michigan and Mississippi primaries as well as the Hawaii caucus. The only fly in The Donald’s ointment would be opponent Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tx.) winning the Idaho primary.
In the meantime, the anti-Trump Gang of 22 met at the beyond opulent The Cloister 5-star resort in Sea Island, Georgia.
[Note by John I. Johnson: Arthur Sulzberger, the Jewish publisher of the most powerful newspaper in America, the New York Times, is one of the conspirators in the list below. Long ago he was one of the conspirators in the murder of UN peace envoy Count Bernadotte, if you can believe his memoir, A Long Row of Candles (one of those fat book club books no one ever read).]
Perhaps proving that politics indeed make for strange bedfellows, the by-name listing of the establishment Republicans meeting with a sole Democrat and a slew of politically liberal media and tech powerhouses is as follows:
- Tim Cook, billionaire Apple CEO
- Larry Page, billionaire Google co-founder
- Sean Parker, billionaire Napster creator and Facebook investor
- Elon Musk, billionaire Tesla Motors and SpaceX founder
- Arthur Sulzberger, billionaire publisher of the New York Times
- Philip Anschutz, billionaire businessman and GOP donor
- Karl Rove
- Senate Majority Leader Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.)
- Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.)
- Sen. Cory Gardner (R-Colo.)
- Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C.)
- Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio)
- Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.)
- Speaker of the House Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wisc.)
- Rep. Fred Upton (R-Mich.)
- Rep. Kevin Brady (R-Texas)
- Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.)
- Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-Wash.)
- Rep. Tom Price (R-Ga.)
- Rep. Jeb Hensarling (R-Texas)
- Rep. Diane Black (R-Tenn.)
- Rep. John Delaney (D-Md.)
* * *
Source: Conservative Firing Line and National Vanguard correspondents