Humor

Staying Sane in a Crazy World

weightHaving purpose in life is vital

by Dean Darcy

I WAS dusting and rearranging my collection of porcelain Aunt Jemimas when a memory of Stepin’ Fetchit came to mind. Stepin’ Fetchit was a Black movie star in the 1920s — the first Black movie star, and a true representative of his people.

In 1969, one of Stepin’s sons, Donald Lambright, went nuts on the Pennsylvania Turnpike, shot and killed two people, wounded fifteen, and then killed his wife and himself. He must have been crazy.

I looked up “schizophrenic” to see if it would be a better word to use than “crazy” but one of the definitions for schizophrenic was; a condition that results from the co-existence of disparate or antagonistic qualities, identities or activities. Unfortunately, that sounds like a lot of people I know. Like those people who pass for politically correct at work but are proud racists when away from work. The ones with an American flag decal on their car and a Confederate flag hanging in the study. The kind of people who keep their Aunt Jemima collectibles in an armoire so they can’t be seen unless the doors are unlocked.

Every time someone goes along to get along with something they know to be wrong, his character and mental health suffers.

Just as resistance training will develop a stronger body; resistance to a corrupt, Jew-controlled regime will develop a stronger character. Joining the resistance and offering resistance are good for your psyche. Sharing a bond with a group of like-minded individuals will lessen that schizoid feeling you get when you’re in a situation where you cannot express how you really feel about something. Joining an organization can increase the organization’s effectiveness just as adding beryllium to plutonium can double plutonium’s explosive power.

Before the Internet, at the end of World War Two, most newspapers in America were individually owned. When the book, The Media Monopoly, was first published in 1983, it stated there were fifty corporations that dominated the media. With each new edition of the book the number went down; twenty-nine in 1987, twenty-three in 1990, fourteen in 1992, ten in 1997, and six in 2000. This would not be good even if they weren’t all Jewish corporations.

The six corporations that own the majority of the media outlets are not there to inform us but rather to divert us. These media conglomerates do not worry that their journalists and reporters will say or write something of which they would not approve. The journalists wouldn’t have those jobs if they hadn’t proven that they have the right attitude, will say the right things, and put the right spin on it.

Local newspapers look to the Associated Press for most of their national and international news. The AP is a news wire service that sends information out to 1700 newspapers and 5000 radio and television stations in the US and over 8500 media outlets in over 100 other countries. Every afternoon the AP puts out a “Notice to Editors”: “Tomorrow’s New York Times is going to have the following stories on the front page….” This makes it easy for the dimwits who publish your hometown paper to follow the party line.

Because Jews control the media, all fifty states have Holocaust Remembrance Days, there are seven Holocaust Museums in the U.S. (the one in Washington, DC, is federally funded at $30 million), and seventeen states have Holocaust programs in the public schools. All this because six million Jews, supposedly, lost their lives during WW2? Hell, forty-two million Christians lost their lives during WW2.

Since 9/11 it has become easier to express some of the opinions that previously were publicly uttered only by people like Dr. William Pierce (not to be confused with Franklin Pierce, the fourteenth president of the US). Opinions about the Jewish Problem for example. “Anti-semitism” was a force long before Wilhelm Marr coined that questionable term in 1879. Through out history this peculiar and predatory race has been run out of every country they were ever in but today, thanks to the US government, they are one of the world’s most formidable military powers. We are starting a new millennium with a bigger, more complex Jewish Problem than the world has ever known, including an Israel with nuclear capabilities.

Thankfully we are not alone in our awareness any more: Israel educated the Moslem and Arab peoples, and the Europeans are waking up too.

The Jewish Problem has created a sick, violent world and we need to take positive action to maintain our focus, not to mention our sanity. We’re like the people in the movie Invasion of the Body Snatchers, fighting to stay human.

One thing we can do is to have an individual mission or purpose in life, a unique mission suited to our talents and interests. We need to have an inner vision of ourselves growing toward that mission or goal — which should include making the world a better place for the White race.

Nearly All Leaders of Liberal Opposition in Russia Are Either Fully Jewish or Have Jewish Background

Saudis: Israel Can Use Our Airspace to Attack Iran

1. John Bonaccorsi, Philadelphia
    March 7, 2015 at 5:31 am — Reply

More than forty years ago now, in late spring or early summer 1974, I began dating a girl who, not long after we started going out, mentioned that the parents of a boy she’d known a few years theretofore had been killed by a sniper on the Pennsylvania Turnpike. Being only twenty years old that summer, I was not entirely surprised I’d not heard of the killings, because the girl said they’d occurred when the boy was a youngster–before she knew him, that is–and thus when she and I, too, would have been youngsters. I figured the killings had been a news story before I was old enough to be noticing such things.

You can imagine my surprise when I saw, at the beginning of your post, the reference to the killings perpetrated by Donald Lambright, Stepin Fetchit’s son, on the Pennsylvania Turnpike in 1969. As you will believe, I quickly did a Google search about those killings, of which I’d never heard; the two persons killed by Lambright on the day of his shooting spree turned out to have been the parents of the boy my girlfriend of yore mentioned (and whose name I have remembered). The father, who was driving, was killed by a shot; the mother, who was also struck by a bullet, died from injury she sustained when the car went off the turnpike and toppled. The boy, who was also in the car, suffered a cut lip. (The three turn out to have been en route to Penn State, to visit a brother of the boy.)

For me, this knowledge, which, as you see, has come to me quite unexpectedly, after a lifetime, has amplified the meaning of your post. When my female acquaintance told me of the killings, they seemed to me to have taken place so far back in time that I did not connect them with the cultural chaos that had erupted in the last years of the 1960s and that was palpable at every moment of that summer of 1974. I figured they were simply some freakish event that had predated that chaos. Now, of course, with the knowledge to which your post has led me, I have a strange feeling that I somehow knew better than that.

“The Jewish Problem has created a sick, violent world …,” you write. Yes–and now I see that the problem has been right up close, before my face, all along.

For the record: Lambright’s shooting spree took place on Saturday, April 5–basically, the first anniversary of the killing of Martin Luther King. Because a white, hippie-type was seen in Lambright’s car at a turnpike service station, I think, nine hours before the killings, there is a question–in some quarters, at least–whether Lambright was the shooter. A victim who was in critical condition after the spree died a month thereafter; thus Lambright killed a total of three persons in addition to his wife and himself.

In comments I encountered during my Google search of the killings, one or two persons who remembered the incident remarked that the story had disappeared from the press very quickly.

2. John Bonaccorsi, Philadelphia
    March 12, 2015 at 8:26 pm — Reply

If you think I’m giving this subject more attention than it deserves, please don’t hesitate simply to discard the present comment and the comments that will continue it. I submit them only because your post has touched on what turns out to be a significant, if nearly forgotten, episode in America’s racial history.

As I half-explained in my previous comment, I did a mental two-step, those forty years ago, when my lady friend mentioned the killing of the parents of a boy she’d known before I met her. Because my conversation with her was taking place in 1974, when, as I’ve said, the turmoil of the counterculture was still Big-Bang-fierce (or nearly so), my first thought had been to wonder whether the sniper incident she’d mentioned had been part of that turmoil; almost instantly, I’d rejected that possibility, because, as I’ve said, the chronology seemed inconsistent with it. Not until I read your post, in which the Donald Lambright shootings were mentioned and were placed in 1969, did I realize—after four decades—that my now-supplanted sense of the chronology might have been incorrect; I’d been thinking, for those decades, that the killing of the boy’s parents had taken place years earlier than that. I’d never heard of the Lambright shootings, which, as I now know, were the events in which those parents had been killed.

It turns out the Lambright shootings could hardly be more-solidly-placed within the counterculture’s turmoil. Not only did they take place just about exactly on the first anniversary of the killing of Martin Luther King; not only did they take place in Spring 1969, when Charles Manson was prophesying Helter Skelter, an apocalyptic clash in which racist and non-racist whites would destroy each other over treatment of blacks. They took place less than a year after the national television broadcast of “Black History: Lost, Stolen or Strayed,” a CBS documentary in which Lambright’s father, Stepin Fetchit, had been scorned, as a symbol of black submission to whites.

[In case there’s an automatic limit on the size of comments posted here, I’ll present you this information in segments.]

END PART 1

3. John Bonaccorsi, Philadelphia
    March 12, 2015 at 8:28 pm — Reply

If you’d like to view “Black History: Lost, Stolen or Strayed,” you may find it in its entirety on the internet (though whether in violation of copyright, I don’t know). It runs about an hour and, as I’ve learned in the course of the research that has resulted in the present comments, was the first of seven installments of a documentary series entitled “Of Black America.” It, the installment, was written by Andy Rooney and Perry Wolff, the former of whom was credited as one of its two producers. Wolff is credited as executive producer.

The show’s part about Stepin Fetchit begins just past the twenty-two minute mark and runs three minutes. It includes clips from Fetchit’s old movies and is narrated, as is the entire hour, by Bill Cosby. The narration is as follows:

“The tradition of the lazy, stupid, crap-shooting, chicken-stealing idiot was popularized by an actor named Lincoln Theodore Monroe Andrew Perry.

“Cat made two million dollars in five years in the middle ’30s, and everyone who ever saw a movie laughed at Stepin Fetchit.

“It’s too bad he was as good at it as he was. The character he played was planted in a lot of people’s head [sic]; and they remember it, the rest of their lives, as clear as an auto accident.

“He played in movies with other actors who were as American as mom’s raspberry Jell-O. If they accepted the stereotype, how wrong could it be?”

END PART 2

4. John Bonaccorsi, Philadelphia
    March 12, 2015 at 8:32 pm — Reply

Although I myself didn’t see “Black History: Lost, Stolen or Strayed”—or at least, have no memory of it—I see now, from my research for the present comments, that it was quite a success. It was first broadcast on July 2, 1968, and “was so well received that CBS reran it in prime time three weeks later.” That wasn’t all:

“CBS, which had two years earlier purchased educational film company BFA, struck prints of the film for classroom distribution. It soon became a staple in virtually every school film library in the country, providing African-American students with an exciting, hard-hitting view of ‘lost’ elements in their own culture, while giving students of other races a new perspective on lesser-known and important historical aspects of their nation.”

At the end of the present series of comments, I’ll list and link my sources for the information and quotations I’m providing you. For the moment, I’ll simply continue with the information, unfootnoted. At internet sites, I’ve encountered the three following items.

Passage one, posted in 2014:

“[B]ack during the summer of 1968, just a few months after the assassinations of Dr. King and Robert Kennedy, as the country was tearing apart at the seams, with cities becoming charred ruins from racial riots, CBS broadcast the documentary “Black History: Lost, Stolen or Stayed,” which was narrated by Bill Cosby.

“The program was a sensation, and I still remember it. Nothing like it had even been done on TV before, and I’m hard-pressed to think of anything since.”

Passage two, posted in 2008:

“This film came out in the 1960s when Black Americans were no longer accepting that they were second best–a very positive step in our society.

“I first saw this film when I was in middle school back in the late 1970s. Sadly, our teacher tried showing it to us because the film had many wonderful lessons but what I remembered most about the film is how the White students laughed at the images of Blacks in films, such as from BIRTH OF A NATION or the antics of Steppin [sic] Fetchit.”

Passage three, posted in 2005:

“I saw this documentary only once, when I was about 8 or 9 years old, and shortly after it came out. I was in second grade, in a segregated school in Houston, Texas. They were in the process of mandating integration in the school, and our teacher showed this to our class. to help us understand why integration was important. I had only seen Bill Cosby before on “I Spy”, and had always liked him more than the other characters because he seemed so nice and funny. In this, he was stern and angry, and made an incredible impression on me. I felt ashamed for how whites had treated blacks in America, and vowed then and there that I would do better.”

END PART 3

5. John Bonaccorsi, Philadelphia
    March 12, 2015 at 8:34 pm — Reply

When “Black History: Lost, Stolen or Strayed” was broadcast, Stepin Fetchit was decades past his career’s heart, which, as far as I can tell, ran from about 1925 to 1945 (i.e., from the silent-film era to the end of World War II). By what had been said about him in the documentary, Fetchit was displeased, so much that he brought a lawsuit against parties responsible for the creation and presentation of it.

In an interview he gave in December 1970, Fetchit spoke of the lawsuit, which had been filed the previous July:

“I filed a $3 million lawsuit against something that Bill Cosby said about me in a show called Of Black Americans [sic]. But I didn’t make Cosby a defendant. Know the reason why? Because that’s not the source of where the wrong come. It’s CBS, Twentieth Century–Fox, and the Xerox Corporation, the men that sponsored it, that’s responsible for distortin’ my image. Cosby was just a soldier. He was not a general.”

More detail of the lawsuit appears in JET magazine’s October 31, 1974, issue, in which the suit’s dismissal is reported. The full text of the JET article on the subject is as follows:

“High Court Bars Fetchit’s Appeal in Defamation Suit

“Actor Stepin Fetchit’s defamation suit against three firms received a setback in Washington D.C., recently when the U.S. Supreme Court refused his appeal for a jury trial in the case.

“Under his real name, Lincoln T. Perry, the 72-year-old actor charged that he was defamed in a television documentary that said he portrayed “the tradition of the lazy, stupid, crap-shooting, chicken-stealing idiot.

“Fetchit named CBS, the Xerox Corp., sponsor of the show, and WISH-TV in Indianapolis, which broadcast the documentary on Black history. U.S. District Judge William E. Stecklen earlier dismissed the complaint, ruling that ‘Fetchit was a public figure through his movies and subject to broadcast comment.’”

The following, for the record, is what the LOS ANGELES TIMES said—not quite accurately, it seems—in its obituary, 1985, of Fetchit:

“[Fetchit] sued [Bill] Cosby and CBS over the use of some of his film clips in a 1968 television retrospective of black history, claiming that he had been portrayed as ‘the symbol of the white man’s Negro, the traditional lazy, stupid, crapshooting, chicken-stealing idiot.’

“A federal court judge dismissed the suit on the grounds that Fetchit was a public figure.”

END PART 4

6. John Bonaccorsi, Philadelphia
    March 12, 2015 at 8:41 pm — Reply

In my 5:31 a.m., March 7, 2015, comment, which the present comment-series follows up, I mentioned that Donald Lambright’s murderous shooting spree took place on April 5, 1969.

Should you Google search the subject, you’ll find that details of the shooting spree are available in a number of internet sources, including facsimiles of contemporaneous newspaper articles about it. Among the details presented at a website called Amok Wiki are the names of Lambright’s four kills, including his wife.

Interestingly, it seems to have been quite clear, at the time of the spree, that it (the spree) was motivated by racial resentment on Lambright’s part. Among the headlines I’ve encountered in newspapers that were reporting the event are “Racial Frustration Blamed for Shooting” and “Sniper Killer of 3 Termed Black Man with No Hope.” The articles with those headlines quoted Lambright’s uncle to the effect that Lambright was distressed about America’s racial situation; a third article, published the same day as those two, quoted Lambright’s mother, who said the shooting was a “protest against the establishment” and that Lambright was “a victim of the racism that is abroad in this land.”

What seems equally clear is that the story was not in newspapers for very long. In a 2005 book self-published by Champ Clark, a People magazine correspondent, there is a two-and-a-half page account of the event. It includes the following:

“Despite the horrific nature of the killings, the story disappeared from the headlines within a week. No other mention was ever made of the mysterious long-haired white man observed by some witnesses. The case was ruled a murder-suicide and then closed.”

The spree is the subject of a thread that was begun in 2002 at the website “The Straight Dope.” The thread’s original post, which I’ll present with its typographical errors, is as follows:

“Enyone emember the spree murders on the Pa. Turnpike by the son of Step ‘n Fetchit??

“in the late ’60s or early 70s.

“I was driving West to East [sic] about 30 minutes behind him. I remember seeing cars driven into the wood and bodies with legs sticking out from under yellow tarps.

“He drove alongside randomly picked out cars and, using a shotgun, blew away the drivers. I think he killed about 5 and then killed himself.

“He was the son of the man who played the character Step ‘n Fetchit in the movies.

“I was pretty shaken up by the time I arrived in Pittsburgh.

“The story hit the papers but did ot get much play, I think, for fear of exacerbating racial tensions.”

The thread’s most-recent post, dated March 13, 2014, is the following:

“Remembering

“Doing some research on this and came upon this old thread. As a 12-year old boy I witnessed this rampage while traveling with my family on that day. We were the first car to stop at the fatal shooting of the couple with the boy. Their car was up on its side and the wheels were still spinning when we stopped. Both adults had been thrown from the car and were lying on the ground. The boy was walking around in shock and my mother comforted him until the police arrived. Sadly, we watched his mother take her last breath and it is a horrifying visual memory I will never forget. She was a rather large woman wearing a white top and black pants, lying on her back with blood on her mouth and nose. It was cold outside, and there were patches of snow on the ground, and we watched as her breath diminished and stopped altogether. The man lay facedown in the shadow of the car, unmoving. (If the car toppled from it’s precarious setting it would have fallen on him) Later, we passed another accident, a car nosed into the woods with people standing around it. Then, we passed the shooter’s car, two people lying dead beside it and a rifle and some things on the roof of the car. The whole area was crawling with police. We did not know the entire story until the next day when we read it in the newspaper. I was curious as to the exact date this happened and started looking on the internet, and found this discussion group and thread. One of the most horrifying and memorable days in my young life at that time. I remember my Dad being perplexed that this was not national news and that it disappeared from the media very quickly. He always commented that ‘something was not right with that’….just my 2 cents. My prayers go out to that man (the young boy my age at the time) and the tragedy he endured.”

END PART 5

7. John Bonaccorsi, Philadelphia
    March 12, 2015 at 8:57 pm — Reply

In the limited research I’ve conducted, via the internet, I’ve seen no connection drawn between the Lambright shootings and the “Black History” broadcast, which had taken place nine months before them. Although the interview in which Fetchit spoke of his lawsuit against the broadcast took place less than two full years after the shootings, the shootings are mentioned in neither the interviewer’s written introduction of the interview nor the interview proper (which is presented as a Fetchit monologue, i.e., without questions from the interviewer). In the 2005 book I’ve mentioned, the “Black History” broadcast and Fetchit’s personal reaction to it are addressed in a passage that appears before the account of the shootings; Fetchit’s legal reaction to the broadcast is addressed in a passage that appears after the account of the shootings. Because the preview available at Google Books omits pages, I can’t say whether the author connects the broadcast with the shootings in any way.

In its account of the shootings, the 2005 book includes statements made by relatives of Lambright in the wake of the spree:

“‘Donald had no respect for his father,’ [said Lambright’s uncle, Howard Johnson, after he’d spoken of personal tension between Lambright and Fetchit]. “Donald was very radical in his political orientation and he regarded Stepin Fetchit as an obstacle to black progress.’

“‘My father was just consumed over the whole world of being black and racist,’ [said] Lisa Lambright. ‘It just consumed him. He was a hard-core militant. He was ready to pick up a gun. It was his whole life—the movement, being a black person, being an African-American person.’”

Whether Stepin Fetchit had been scorned, as a poor representative of blacks, before the “Black History” broadcast, I don’t know; but my personal recollection that he had such a negative image by my latter high-school days, after the counterculture’s explosive start, is confirmed by the 1970 interview. In that interview’s introduction, it is said that Fetchit’s “very name can be a term of abuse,” i.e., abuse of blacks lacking in racial defiance. In a combined review of two 2005 books, including the one I’ve quoted, the NEW YORK TIMES wrote the following:

“Long after [Lincoln] Perry’s performances have faded or been edited from our collective memory, ‘Stepin Fetchit’ lives on as an insult and a mark of shame, like ‘Uncle Tom.’ With his sleepy eyes, whining drawl and shuffling feet, Stepin Fetchit was the screen avatar of that hoariest and most loathed of stereotypes, the utterly servile yet totally shiftless Negro. Widely praised as a comic genius during his heyday, Stepin Fetchit is known now only as a race traitor.”

When I think of the victims who were along the Pennsylvania Turnpike in that spring of 1969, I can’t help wondering whether the “Black History” broadcast, nine months before that, pushed Lambright closer to the edge. I wonder, too, whether any of those victims had been among the members of the television audience by which the show had been embraced.

END PART 6
    END COMMENT SERIES
    (SOURCES TO FOLLOW)

8. John Bonaccorsi, Philadelphia
    March 12, 2015 at 9:58 pm — Reply

The following is my source-list, as promised in “Part 3” of my comment-series above.

FOR PART 2:

At https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRqvygZECLM is the complete “Black History: Lost, Stolen or Strayed.” It runs fifty-three-and-a-half minutes and includes, at its end, the credits of Andy Rooney and Perry Wolff.

FOR PART 3:

At http://jfredmacdonald.com/bawtv/bawtv11.htm is “TV in the Age of Urban Rebellion,” which is chapter 11 of “Blacks and White TV: African Americans in Television since 1948.” It lists the titles and the original broadcast dates of each of the seven episodes of “Of Black America.” It reports what I stated, namely, that “Black History: Lost, Stolen or Strayed,” was originally broadcast on July 2, 1968, and “was so well received that CBS reran it in prime time three weeks later.”

The information about distribution of “Black History: Lost, Stolen or Strayed” via BFA, a CBS company, is from page 112 of the 2014 edition of “Films You Saw in School,” by Geoff Alexander. If the link endures, you’ll find that particular page at https://books.google.com/books?id=CqCdAgAAQBAJ&pg=PA112&lpg=PA112&dq=%22CBS,+which+had+two+years+earlier+purchased+educational+film+company+BFA%22&source=bl&ots=U1H0nTWS0X&sig=8jrsxxbaBfpFwPtx57Ky1Rgdlug&hl=en&sa=X&ei=vBv9VKL-EZHhsATP9YH4AQ&ved=0CB4Q6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=%22CBS%2C%20which%20had%20two%20years%20earlier%20purchased%20educational%20film%20company%20BFA%22&f=false The book is published by McFarland & Company, North Carolina.

The first of the three quoted passages in recollection of viewings of “Black History: Lost, Stolen or Strayed” is from “Bill Cosby’s Forgotten ‘Militant’ Documentary – ‘Black History: Lost, Stolen or Strayed,” posted by “Sergio,” July 1, 2014, at http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowandact/bill-cosbys-forgotten-militant-documentary-black-history-lost-stolen-or-strayed-20140701 The second and third passages are from “Reviews and Ratings for ‘Black History: Lost, Stolen or Strayed’” at http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0264428/reviews They were posted by “planktonrules” on December 30, 2008, and by “strong-12” on December 15, 2005.

FOR PART 4:

The interview, entitled“Stepin Fetchit Talks Back,” appeared in FILM QUARTERLY in Summer 1971 and may be read at http://publishing.cdlib.org/ucpressebooks/view?docId=ft5h4nb36j;chunk.id=d0e9761;doc.view=print It was included in “Film Quarterly: Forty Years—A Selection” (Henderson, Brian, and Ann Martin, with Lee Amazonas, editors; Berkeley: University of California Press, 1999), in which its text starts on page 421: https://books.google.com/books?id=fkelCcTqRFEC&pg=PA421&lpg=PA421&dq=%22To+militant+first+sight,+Stepin+Fetchit%27s+routines%22&source=bl&ots=f1MT0vO4ic&sig=S6r8DQtIkgEk4wuKv17SKIYpMEg&hl=en&sa=X&ei=AgH9VKygDIKmgwTrhYOoDA&ved=0CCkQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q=%22To%20militant%20first%20sight%2C%20Stepin%20Fetchit's%20routines%22&f=false In the FILM QUARTERLY introduction of it, the interview is said to have taken place on the night of the Ali-Bonavena boxing match, which, according to Wikipedia, took place in December 1970. (See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Ali#Professional_boxing_record )

The JET magazine article about the dismissal of Fetchit’s lawsuit is at https://books.google.com/books?id=ClsDAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA58&lpg=PA58&dq=%22Actor+Stepin+Fetchit%27s+defamation+suit+against+three+firms%22&source=bl&ots=MuiMikkJ5j&sig=-jjczKB9YUn2WVXzQUT6nKSBnXc&hl=en&sa=X&ei=UP_8VJGCGoegNsiHgvgJ&ved=0CB4Q6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=%22Actor%20Stepin%20Fetchit's%20defamation%20suit%20against%20three%20firms%22&f=false

The LOS ANGELES TIMES obituary, in which the lawsuit’s dismissal is mentioned, is at http://articles.latimes.com/1985-11-20/news/mn-7848_1_stepin-fetchit

FOR PART 5:

The Amok Wiki entry for Lambright is at http://amok.wikia.com/wiki/Donald_Martin_Lambright#

The story headlined “Racial Frustration Blamed for Shooting” is on page 2 of the DAYTONA BEACH MORNING JOURNAL, April 7, 1969. See http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1873&dat=19690407&id=uYoeAAAAIBAJ&sjid=icsEAAAAIBAJ&pg=2174,1549419

The story headlined “Sniper Killer of 3 Termed Black Man with No Hope” is on page 4 of the DESERT SUN (Palm Springs), April 7, 1969. See http://cdnc.ucr.edu/cgi-bin/cdnc?a=d&d=DS19690407.2.35#

The article quoting Lambright’s mother is on the front page of the LEBANON [Pennsylvania] DAILY NEWS and is headlined “Turnpike Sniper Kills Three, Self, in Hour’s Spree.” See http://www.newspapers.com/newspage/5470089/

The 2005 book with the two-and-a-half page account of the shooting spree is “Shuffling to Ignominy: The Tragedy of Stepin Fetchit,” by Champ Clark. The account begins on the book’s page 113 and may be read at https://books.google.com/books?id=m8MACMLdgjwC&pg=PA113&lpg=PA113&dq=%22On+the+afternoon+of+April+5,+an+excited+motorist%22&source=bl&ots=ghoJ88QVdj&sig=9KtdHKOVwvXJBu8IBa-UB2naidU&hl=en&sa=X&ei=z_v8VN_HIYGcgwSF44KQCA&ved=0CB4Q6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=%22On%20the%20afternoon%20of%20April%205%2C%20an%20excited%20motorist%22&f=false Clark’s status as a People magazine correspondent is mentioned in a 2005 NEW YORK TIMES review of the book. See “How a Black Entertainer’s Shuffle Actually Blazed a Trail,” at http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/07/books/07stra.html?_r=0

The “Straight Dope” thread is at http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=112126

FOR PART 6:

As is indicated in my list of sources for “Part 5,” the 2005 book is “Shuffling to Ignominy: The Traqedy of Stepin Fetchit,” by Champ Clark. The book’s treatment of the “Black History” broadcast and Fetchit’s personal reaction to it begins on page 106, seven pages before the treatment of the shootings; its treatment of the lawsuit begins on page 118, a few pages after the treatment of the shootings. See https://books.google.com/books?id=m8MACMLdgjwC&printsec=frontcover&dq=Shuffling+to+Ignominy&hl=en&sa=X&ei=KPQBVYrnFImdgwSUmYHwCw&ved=0CB4Q6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=Lost%20Stolen%20or%20Strayed&f=false

Lambright’s relatives’ remarks about Lambright are presented on page 114 of “Shuffling to Ignominy.” See https://books.google.com/books?id=m8MACMLdgjwC&printsec=frontcover&dq=Shuffling+to+Ignominy&hl=en&sa=X&ei=yhMCVd3PAcn6ggSJ6IK4Bw&ved=0CB4Q6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=%22Donald%20had%20no%20respect%20for%20his%20father%22&f=false

The link to the 1970 interview, entitled “Stepin Fetchit Talks Back,” is included in my “Part 4” sources, above, but here it is again: http://publishing.cdlib.org/ucpressebooks/view?docId=ft5h4nb36j;chunk.id=d0e9761;doc.view=print

The NEW YORK TIMES review of the 2005 books is the review mentioned above, in my sources for “Part 5.” Again, it’s at http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/07/books/07stra.html?_r=1&

9. John Bonaccorsi, Philadelphia
    April 29, 2016 at 5:57 pm — Reply

Addendum, April 29, 2016:

In my “Part 6,” above, I wrote the following …

“Possibly, militant blacks of the first rank regard Lambright’s shooting spree as heroism, a small revenge upon the America whose racist pressures had twisted his own father into a piece of black suicide. That Lambright ended the spree with his personal suicide can only enhance, in their view, his nobility.”

Today, when I reread my above comments (after they were linked in a comment at another website), I was struck by that surname, Lambright, a Jesus-y combination of “lamb” and “right.” Were Lambright’s shootings to be dramatized, turned into a movie, with his name retained, some viewers of the said movie might think the name fiction, a bit of symbolism.

10. John Bonaccorsi, Philadelphia
    April 29, 2016 at 10:47 pm — Reply

PS “Personal suicide” is redundant, I guess.

11. Anthony Collins
    April 30, 2016 at 5:13 am — Reply

“When the book, The Media Monopoly, was first published in 1983, it stated there were fifty corporations that dominated the media. With each new edition of the book the number went down; twenty-nine in 1987, twenty-three in 1990, fourteen in 1992, ten in 1997, and six in 2000. This would not be good even if they weren’t all Jewish corporations.” The book in question was by Ben Bagdikian. It can be safely presumed that his book doesn’t identify who controls the media oligopolies in racial terms: in his interview with Playboy magazine, George Lincoln Rockwell referred to Bagdikian as “a frequent writer for the Anti-Defamation League.”